I've also written 10 humorous children's books that I hope you will check out!
So in April, 2013, I was nominated for the Liebster Award. Hooray again! And instead of making this page business-like, I thought I'd share the eleven facts about me that I answered for the award and the eleven questions that the nominator asked me, so you can get to know me better.
Here's eleven facts about me!
- I have four beautiful, funny children! They make me laugh every second of every day. I have a 13 year old boy, 12 year old boy/girl twins, and a 4 year old.
- My twin daughter was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes November 4, 2011 when she was 7 years old. And honestly, this disease sucks! To a CURE!
- I'm an award-winning author for the Wunderkind Family children's book collection!
- I've written and illustrated ten children's books.
- I was awarded summa cum laude for my undergraduate degree (finance) and graduate degree (marketing)!
- I worked as a Global Marketing Program Manager for ibm.com (IBM).
- I coached kids t-ball, soccer and fast pitch softball. And I hope I'll be able to coach my grandkids! Of course I have quite a few years before that will ever happen. To a healthy body and lifestyle!
- I grew up in Bedford, New Hampshire. I miss my family alot. My three sisters, mom, dad, grandmother, cousins, etc still live in NH and Mass. I hope someday I'll be able to have a second home there.
- I met my husband at a bar in Chicago. Isn't that just unbelievable? I was hoping that I would have met him in Italy or Paris. LOL
- I coach youth fast-pitch softball and soccer too!
And here are eleven questions the nominator of the Liebster Award asked me! Feel free to ask me any questions too!
- What are you doing when you're the happiest? I'm out playing sports with my children and creating stories with them.
- Where is the one place that you're dying to go? I would love to go back to Italy. But this time I want to share it with my mom, dad and my kids. I love Italy! It has so much history. And the food is exquisite!
- What does your blog name mean? Mom's use their intuition daily. I'm sharing how I use mine as a mom entrepreneur with two traditional degrees, a corporate background, who loves to play and coach sports. I'm married to a southern gentleman who calls sneakers tennis shoes. I hate doing dishes and laundry even though I have to do them daily. I love imagining and pretending just like my kids. I'd prefer the latest and greatest techy gadget over flowers and perfume. And I'm raising my kids to leverage their common sense and intuition.
- What is your favorite book and why?
As a mom entrepreneur, writer, and illustrator, I have to say mine-although I did really like the Hunger Games and I'm a big fan of the Percy Jackson series and I love Dr. Suess! For preschoolers definitely Goodnight Goodnight Goodnight Baby Blue . It's sweet, has sight words and helps them clear all the memories of their day. For elementary aged kids my humor modern fantasy books. For girls the first book in the Madison and GA (My Guardian Angel) series which teaches them they don't have to be perfect. And for boys the second book in the Jakes Adventures series which teaches them about family, including siblings, and problem-solving.
- Who is your favorite person in the world, and why? My mom. She is one of the sweetest most understanding people I know. She truly is a mom--always giving, loving, and sharing.
- What's the perfect Saturday to you? Waking up, having breakfast with my children and heading out for a day of watching them play sports.
- What do you want your kids (present/future) to remember about you?
I hope they remember how much I loved them and how important I thought it was to accept and treat everyone the way they wanted to be treated.
- What is the best memory you have of your own parents (or whoever raised you)? They always helped anyone, even a stranger, if they were in need. My parents are very loving and giving.
- What's something that you never get tired of? Getting hugs and kisses from my kids!
- What's your weirdest habit? Oh boy! This is a really embarrassing question. My weirdest habit? Hmm. Maybe licking the butter knife.